How do I get started?
All you need to get started is a computer, Internet connection and amazing skills. Your next step is creating an outstanding freelancer profile to showcase your business. Think of it as an introduction, resume, and personal marketing brochure rolled into one, highlighting your:
- Professional skills, experience, and portfolio
- Education and accomplishments
- Upwork skills test results
The best profiles are complete, well-written, error-free, and feature a professional, friendly looking picture.
How do I get hired by clients?
Getting freelance work is a lot like traditional searching — you submit applications on projects, then impress potential clients before being offered the project.
You can start by sending the client a compelling application. This will greatly increase your likelihood of getting an interview, so consider making sure yours is:
- Professional, well-written, and error-free
- Tailor-made for the work you’re seeking
- A true representation of your strengths and skills
Can I grow my business on Upwork?
Yes, you can build an online business that’s personally and professionally rewarding. When you deliver great work to your clients, success will follow.
The most successful freelancers are:
- Responsive to client needs
- Excellent at communicating with their clients
- Upfront about their abilities and deadlines
- Able to deliver excellent work on time, every time
How will I get paid by my clients?
All payments are made securely through the Upwork platform. Receive funds via whatever payment methods works best for you:
- Direct Deposit / ACH
- Wire Transfer
- Local Funds Transfer (LFT)
When working on hourly projects, you’re eligible for Upwork Payment Protection that assures that an hour worked is an hour paid. On fixed price contracts, pre-funded milestone payments from your clients are secure with Upwork Fixed Price Protection.